- Two (2) 12VDC Thermostat Controlled Cooling Fans
- Two (2) 4" Vents with Rain Shields and Screens
- Heavy Duty Fiberglass Reinforced Polyester (FRP) Construction
- Includes Blank Galvanized Steel Equipment Mounting Plate
- Terminal Strip
- Two (2) Quarter-Turn Door Latches with Keys
- Bonus Aluminum Bottle Opener Key Now Included!
- (4) Mounting Feet Included
- NEMA Type 3R, 3RX / IP24 Rated
- Optional Lockable Latches Available
- Rapid Deployment Systems
- Solar Equipment
- Vehicle Mounted Equipment
- Battery Powered Equipment
- Battery and Charger Box
- Harsh Environments
- IoT Sensors
- SCADA Remote Terminal Unit
- Security and Surveillance Systems
- Outdoor use of Indoor Equipment
- Protection from Vandalism
- Concealment of Electronic Equipment
- Building Automation Controls
- Industrial Controls Enclosure
12 VDC Powered Fan Cooled NEMA Enclosure
The The Altelix NFC241609VFD1 features two 4" vents and two 12VDC thermostat controlled cooling fans which helps maintain lower internal temperatures. The fans turns on when the internal temperature reaches 100°F (38°C) and turns off when it drops to 79°F (26°C). Rain shrouds keep rain water from entering the enclosure while allowing ventilation for your equipment.
This enclosure can be powered from 12VDC solar and battery power sources, and features a terminal strip for easy wiring.
Construction and Features
This rugged enclosure is molded from durable and UV resistant fiberglass reinforced polyester (FRP). The door is fully gasketed making this enclosure suitable for use indoors or outdoors. The lockable door features reinforced hinges and dual quarter-turn latches to secure the enclosure and is locked and unlocked using the included removable keys. A drip rail over the door provides additional protection against water dripping into the cabinet while the enclosure is wet.
Bonus Aluminum Bottle Opener Key
This enclosure now includes our HN-0008 Aluminum Bottle Opener Key. A $9.99 value, this heavy duty aluminum door locking key easily attaches to most key chains. And it makes a great bottle opener too!
Equipment Mounting Plate
The equipment mounting plate is provided for mounting and securing equipment. The enclosure and plate can be drilled and modified by the installer to suit unique site requirements.
Optional Lockable Latches
For additional protection of internal equipment installed, three lockable latches are available. The HN-0005 is a keyed lock set which includes two keys. Similar to the HN-0005, the HN-0001 has an interlock feature that traps the key when it is in the unlocked position. The HN-0006 allows the enclosure to be securely locked via use of a padlock (not included). All of these optional lockable latches are direct replacements for the standard quarter-turn latches that come pre-installed in the enclosures.
The enclosure features our unique PG-16 cable glands with a closed inner seal. They are installed in the open ports to maintain the NEMA rating of the enclosure when not in use. When required for use, simply punch a hole through the inner membrane, run your cables and tighten for a water-tight seal.
Four mounting feet are included so that the enclosure can be securely mounted to a wall or other structure. Two optional flange and pole mounting kits are available, painted steel (model NMKS-400-08) and stainless steel (model NMKX-400-08).