Hammond 1485 Series Lay-In Wireway - NEMA 12Sale
Brand: Hammond Manufacturing
- Designed to enclose and protect electrical wiring from dirt, dust, oil and water.
- All sections and fittings are completely open on each side to allow wires and cables to be placed into the wireway without "pulling through".
- UL 870 Type 1 (unless marked1)
- CSA Type 1 (unless marked1)
- NEMA Type 12
- IEC 60529, IP54
- Bodies and covers are formed from 14-gauge steel with 10 gauge steel flanges.
- Flanges are open at the top to allow cables to lay in when doors open.
- 12” x 6” size has a 12 gauge steel body with a 14-gauge cover.
- Smooth continuously welded seams.
- Interior surfaces are smooth to prevent wire damage during
- Butt hinged cover is secured with easily operated quick release clamps.
- Oil resistant gaskets are permanently secured.
- Solid oil resistant gaskets are used between flanges when sections and fittings are bolted together.
- One gasket kit, complete with hardware is provided with each straight section or fitting.
- Sealing plate is supplied.
- Flange junctions are sealed with gasket sealing plates, which are put in place after wiring is completed. One is supplied with all straight sections and most fittings; see table for exact number.
- Sections and components are finished in ANSI 61 gray powder coating.
- When joining a wireway section or fitting to an enclosure be sure to order a box connector.
- When joining two wireway sections, or joining a wireway section to a fitting, a flat sealing plate is required at each junction; necessary kits are supplied with each section and fitting. See table, extra kits may be ordered if necessary.
- When joining a lay-in wireway section or fitting to a closure plate, a box connector, or cut-off fitting, an angle sealing plate is required at each junction.
- Necessary kits are supplied with each section and fitting - see table. Extra kits, although not normally required, are necessary when joining lay-in wireway to a non-lay-in section or fitting section.